Bulgaria's Health Minister 'Expelled from His Party'
Outgoing Health Minister Petar Moskov has been ousted from his Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB), party officials say.
No reasons are given for the move.
The decision was taken by the DSB's decision-making body, according to an emailed statement.
DSB was a member of the Reformist Bloc (RB) coalition, a loose alliance of parties that was the junior coalition partner of the outgoing government.
But in December of last year it moved into opposition after Parliament watered down several sections of a key judicial reform.
Moskov, however, stayed on as Health Minister, leaving the deputy chairman's office at DSB, but remaining a party member.
He had been maintaining his assumed the position "in person" and not representing the party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly