Bulgaria's Health Minister 'Expelled from His Party'
Outgoing Health Minister Petar Moskov has been ousted from his Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB), party officials say.
No reasons are given for the move.
The decision was taken by the DSB's decision-making body, according to an emailed statement.
DSB was a member of the Reformist Bloc (RB) coalition, a loose alliance of parties that was the junior coalition partner of the outgoing government.
But in December of last year it moved into opposition after Parliament watered down several sections of a key judicial reform.
Moskov, however, stayed on as Health Minister, leaving the deputy chairman's office at DSB, but remaining a party member.
He had been maintaining his assumed the position "in person" and not representing the party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend