Eighth Cistern Removed From Bulgaria's Hitrino
The eighth cistern which was left on Saturday night has been taken out of the village of Hitrino.
Three more cisterns have to be removed on Sunday. This will leave only one cistern which was leaking gas until Saturday.
Prime Minister Borisov expressed hope that residents of the village will be able to return to their homes by Tuesday.
Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski announced that the cistern is still being processed. It is expected that water, sewage and electricity experts will enter Hitrino on Sunday in order to inspect the facilities.
“There will be a meeting on Monday in which all services will monitor the water, soil, air. They will give people the results from these checks in order for them to be calm and convinced that the results do not exceed the permitted levels,” explained Moskovski.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Files No-confidence Motion Against Borisov 3 Cabinet
- » First 20 Electric Buses Start Moving Around Sofia by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarian Registry Agency Seeks Additional Data-storage Capacity via Direct Contracting
- » Monthly Inflation in Bulgaria at 0.3% in September
- » TISPOL Special Operation Taking Place from 15 to 21 October Across Bulgaria
- » Chief Mufti in Bulgaria Demands Changes to Draft Laws on Religious Denominations