Bulgaria's PM Borisov Remains in Hitrino
The removal of the dangerous cisterns from the derailed train in Hitrino continues for a fourth consecutive day.
The eighth cistern is expected to be removed on Sunday. It was loaded successfully on Saturday but the operation had to be terminated due to darkness in the evening.
The aim of the rescue teams is to remove on Sunday the most dangerous cistern which is still leaking gas. A special site has been constructed around it. The concentration of flammable substances in the air is being monitored constantly.
Prime Minister Borisov who arrived in Hitrino on Saturday stated that he will remain on the spot in order to inspect progress.
- » Bulgarian Institutions Continue to Use Unprotected Websites
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency: Over 30 Tonnes of Food Confiscated in August
- » Sociologist Forecasts Dynamic Political Season in Bulgaria
- » A Limit of 90 km/h is Introduced on Trakia Highway between Chirpan and Stara Zagora
- » Heating Prices in Sofia will Rise by About 8% from October 1
- » Border police: Heavy Traffic on Kulata, Kapitan Andreevo and Lesovo Checkpoints