Dutch National Detained over Stabbing in Downtown Sofia
A Dutch national has been placed in detention after attempting to murder a women in the center of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, prosecutors say.
The man, referred to as "H. David, 30", allegedly assaulted the victim and stabbed her near the neck, inflicting her deep wounds on two blood vessels and muscles, breaking her nose and causing another wound on the upper lip, according to the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office.
The development took place at 05:35 local time (EET) on December 12, 2016, on Gurko Str, near the Telephone Hall.
"David" is registered as a Bulgarian resident in the city of Veliko Tarnovo in north central Bulgaria.
The prosecuting authority has said it plans on requesting his permanent detention.
His victim's condition is stable after surgery.
- » Police Took Down a Drug Trafficking Network in Europe, 11 Arrested
- » Pirates Abducted 19 Members of a Greek Tanker
- » Polish Customs Officers Seized Cocaine for Half a Billion Euro in Poland
- » Computer Scammers Have Stolen Tens of Millions from over 47 Companies Worldwide
- » Six Romanians Were Accused of Raping their Own Children
- » Europol Has Shut Down over 30,000 Web Pages for Intellectual Property Infringement