Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast: Cisterns' Removal to Begin on Thursday
The removal of cisterns which derailed on Saturday in the village of Hitrino, killing seven, is to start on Thursday, authorities say.
Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Georgi Kostov has told the Bulgarian National Radio that the operation will first include those tanks whose transported fuel has already been drained out.
After the incident, Kostov announced gas was leaking out of one of the tanks and there was still risk for residents if they were allowed into the village.
Twelve cisterns derailed, with one of them exploding, on Saturday. Twenty-nine people were left injured and dozens of houses were destroyed by the explosion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 6 Injured 2 in Critical Condition after a Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: A Car with Illegal Migrants Crashed and One Person has Died
- » Bulgaria: The Body of a 31-Year-Old Man was found under a Bridge in Gabrovo
- » Bulgaria: A Boy Died and Four others were Injured in an Accident on the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » Bulgaria: A 2-Year-Old Boy Fell into a Two-Meter Manhole
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after his Truck fell off a Bridge in the Kotlen Pass