Unemployment Benefits for Bulgarians Looking for Work Abroad To Be Paid by Bulgaria
According to a proposal of the European Commission, Bulgarians entitled to unemployment benefits will receive these from Bulgaria for 6 months even if they are looking for work abroad.
The announced reform in the coordination of the social systems among the 28 member-states determines who is responsible for the payment of benefits.
If a person loses their job in Bulgaria and goes abroad in order to look for a new one, for the next 6 months, unemployment benefits will be paid by Bulgaria and not by the receiving country.
The amendments to the two regulations are aimed at preventing fraud via duplicate payment of social benefits by the country of origin and the country where people emigrate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria