Bulgaria Calls on EU Commission to Prepare for Possible Migrant Inflow from Turkey
The Bulgarian government has urged the European Commission draft a plan it would apply if Turkey decided to fulfill it threat to open the gates to migrants, Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has said.
"We have called on the Commission to begin work on Plan B if the rhetoric gains any real dimension," Mitov is heard telling repoters on footage aired by the Bulgarian National Television.
Mitov's words come after he participated in a meeting of EU foreign ministers on Wednesday.
"We hope this will not be the case, but our policies cannot hinge om hope alone," Mitov argues.
Earlier, the President of Turkey argued the country would put an end to the migrant deal with the EU if no financial assistance for refugees was disbursed by Brussels and if Ankara was not granted a visa waiver in compliance with the deal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Comments on Key Takeaways from EC Online Meeting
- » Bulgaria’s Premier Joins in Official Online Ceremony of OECD
- » Venice Commission: Bulgaria’s Decision on Prosecutor General Supervision Is Strange
- » Bulgaria To Ban 8 Disposable Plastic Products from Summer 2021
- » Dozens of Bulgarians Arrive from UK Today, Others Still Stranded on Britain’s Borders
- » European Parliament Again Invites Bulgarian Authorities for Hearing