First Sofia Metro Line Running Again after Monday Failure
The technical breakdown that brought the Red Line of Sofia Metro to a standstill on Monday evening has been dealt with, local officials say.
The failure between the stations of Sofia University and Vasil Levski National Stadium stopped trains from operating between Serdica and Mladost 1, the stretch connecting the center of Bulgaria's capital to the neighborhood of Mladost.
Repair teams found a broken rail along the track and it took more time than initially scheduled to fix it, Sofia Municipality says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 71: Protesters Demand the Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva - Speaker of the National Assembly
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » Bulgaria: Eight Teachers from Sofia's School Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Saints Sophia, Faith, Hope and Love
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases, 4410 Active Cases
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 70: Group of Protesters Escorted Out of Parliament Building, Interior Ministry: Not True That We Used Force