Harmanli Riots: Scabies Found among Some Migrants
A sixth of migrants examined in the center of Harmanli, southern Bulgaria, have got scabies, authorities say.
As many as 81 are infected, out of 500 who went through examinations, news website Dnevnik.bg quotes medical officials in the region of Haskovo (where Harmanli lies) and the Bulgarian News Agency as saying.
There are seventeen other cases of skin diseases, while two others have lice. Cases of chicken pox, bronchitis and others have also been detected. Some of the migrants have been hospitalized, children included.
Riots broke out last week after more than 3000 migrants were locked up in the center following rumours among locals that some of them may have skin diseases.
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year
- » 1/3 of the Farmers in Bulgaria are over 65 Years of Age
- » BGN 20 Million is the Annual Cost of Street Lighting in Sofia
- » CPC Stops the Deal for "Nova Broadcasting Group"
- » CPC Prohibit "Inercom" from Buying "CEZ Bulgaria"