Nationalist Head Warns of 'External Pressure' on Bulgaria amid Effort to Form Govt
External pressure is probably being applied on Bulgaria to avoid the formation of a nationalist-led cabinet, Patriotic Front co-leader Krasimir Karakachanov has said.
In an interview with private bTV broadcaster, he has pointed to the PF's desire to change relations with the EU as the main reason for non-Bulgarian actors to work against a possible cabinet composed by his coalition.
The Patriotic Front is a nationalist alliance which backed Boyko Borisov's outgoing government but had no ministers in it. Borisov earlier this week stated he may back a PF-led cabinet if the coalition is handed a mandate by the President, but his party GERB backtracked on the day after.
The head of state, Rosen Plevneliev, is yet to decide whether to hand over a mandate to the PF.
Karakachanov's coalition has sought a more independent and assertive foreign policy of Bulgaria within the EU and NATO.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend