Annual Subsidy for Bulgarian Parties To Remain BGN 11 Per Valid Vote
The annual subsidy for political parties will remain BGN 11 per valid vote and there will be no limit to the amount that can be received. This was decided by MPs when they approved, at second reading, the State Budget Act.
39 deputies from GERB and BSP Lyava Balgariya voted “against”. Also 39 deputies from GERB and DPS abstained.
The proposal of the Council of Ministers for a subsidy of BGN 11 per valid vote and no limit was approved with 71 votes “for”, 10 “against” and 21 abstentions.
MPs did not take into consideration the result of the recently held referendum in which 2,516,791 people demanded that the annual state subsidy to political parties be reduced to BGN 1 per every single valid vote received in the last parliamentary elections.
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018
- » The Debt of Bulgaria for 2017 Amounts to BGN 25,064 Million