Annual Subsidy for Bulgarian Parties To Remain BGN 11 Per Valid Vote
The annual subsidy for political parties will remain BGN 11 per valid vote and there will be no limit to the amount that can be received. This was decided by MPs when they approved, at second reading, the State Budget Act.
39 deputies from GERB and BSP Lyava Balgariya voted “against”. Also 39 deputies from GERB and DPS abstained.
The proposal of the Council of Ministers for a subsidy of BGN 11 per valid vote and no limit was approved with 71 votes “for”, 10 “against” and 21 abstentions.
MPs did not take into consideration the result of the recently held referendum in which 2,516,791 people demanded that the annual state subsidy to political parties be reduced to BGN 1 per every single valid vote received in the last parliamentary elections.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Half of Bulgarians Do Not Approve of the Euro: Top 3 Eurozone Skeptics
- » Financial Advise for UK Expats Worldwide
- » Bulgaria: The Acceleration of Inflation Slows Down in August
- » Bank Fees in Bulgaria Continue to Rise
- » How Bitcoin Affects National Currencies
- » Bulgarian Minister: The Introduction of the Euro will Not Increase Inflation