Bulgarian Academy of Sciences Not To Receive Additional Funding
Via an obviously pre-planned strategy, the majority in Parliament finally did not allow the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and Sofia University to receive additional funding at a second reading of the texts of the draft budget 2017.
After an emergency meeting of the budget commission, the text which stipulates a BGN 10 M increase in funding for BAN and a BGN 500,000 increase for Sofia University was submitted to a second vote. The second vote on the text of the draft where all expenditures are recorded was postponed. But when MPs returned to it, they rejected the increase of total expenditures via additional funding for these two institutions.
Thus, BAN and Sofia University will not receive the increase in funding.
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018
- » The Debt of Bulgaria for 2017 Amounts to BGN 25,064 Million