Bulgaria's Defense, Interior Ministries Get BGN 2 B for 2017
The ministries of defense and interior will be allocated a total of BGN 2 B for next year, Bulgarian MPs have decided.
Part of the Defense Ministry's funding (BGN 1.08 B) will be earmarked to fill a small number of vacancies in the military, with 250 openings to be offered even though the armed forces need more than 5500 people as of the moment.
The Interior Ministry will have projected revenues of BGN 0.170 M and expenditure of BGN 1.233 B.
Lawmakers turned down two proposals to increase the budgets of the military intelligence agency and the Technical Operations state agency, which is in charge of producing special surveillance devices. The proponent, Metodi Andreev, had argued Bulgaria needed to modernize its security sector, but also to build upon its intelligence potential in the Middle East where, he said, it had "reliable sources".
- » Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018