Six Bulgarians Arrested in Croatia for Migrant Trafficking
The Croatian police have detained six Bulgarian citizens for migrant trafficking, reported the information portal Index, cited by BNT.
A truck with Bulgarian registration was stopped on November 24 at the town of Trastenik. 43 foreigners were discovered inside the lorry – 31 Afghanis, 11 Pakistani citizens and one Iranian.
Not much longer afterwards, two vehicles with 5 Bulgarians were also stopped. According to the authorities, they helped the illegal crossing of migrants through the Serbian-Croatian border.
The Bulgarian citizens remain in custody. An order has been issued for the return of the migrants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Hungary and Poland are Against the EU's Plan to Reduce Gas Consumption
- » Romania expects Schengen Membership by the End of the Year
- » IMF urges Europe to Shift Energy Costs to Wealthier Consumers
- » The EU is preparing for an Escalation between China and the US