Bulgaria's Budget Commission Rejects Proposal for Minimum Pension of BGN 300
The budget commission has rejected the proposal of the deputies of the Patriotic Front for a minimum pension of BGN 300.
The Patriotic Front had offered two options for an increase of pensions next year. The first option was for a minimum pension of BGN 200 and recalculation of the rest of the pensions as of April 1. The other option was for a minimum pension of BGN 300 as of July 1.
The deputies argued in favour of the increase citing neighbouring Macedonia where the government increased the amount of the minimum pension to EUR 206 and allowed pensioners to use public transport free-of-charge.
Deputies also rejected the proposal of ABV for state employees to pay their health contributions themselves.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend