Bulgaria's President To Hand First Probe Mandate on Friday
President Rossen Plevneliev will hand the first probe mandate for the forming of a government to the largest parliamentary group – GERB. The procedure for handing mandates will start on Friday.
This became clear after the meeting of the Consultative Council for National Security which was convened by Plevneliev.
Participants in the meeting discussed ways how to overcome the crisis after the resignation of the cabinet of Boyko Borisov.
The outgoing PM stated again that GERB will not assume the responsibility for forming a government within the framework of the current Parliament. According to Borisov, at the meeting of the Council today, other political formations expressed readiness to do so.
“I will not be Prime Minister. I can be Prime Minister only when this is done via a GERB mandate and when GERB has won the elections. It is only then that I have the self-confidence, the confidence and the political responsibility to bear the entire responsibility,” added Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Budget 2021: National Health Insurance Fund Wil have BGN 5,3 Billion
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers Vote Final Parameters of Budget 2021
- » Extraordinary Measures: Bulgaria Proposes Lockdown, Closes Schools, Restaurants, Malls
- » Sofia Ranks 13th by Air Pollution in the World
- » First Snow Will Fall over Bulgaria on 21 November
- » Bulgaria: BSP Proposes Progressive Income Tax and 10% Tax Rate for Incomes up to BGN 3,900