Bulgaria's President To Hand First Probe Mandate on Friday
President Rossen Plevneliev will hand the first probe mandate for the forming of a government to the largest parliamentary group – GERB. The procedure for handing mandates will start on Friday.
This became clear after the meeting of the Consultative Council for National Security which was convened by Plevneliev.
Participants in the meeting discussed ways how to overcome the crisis after the resignation of the cabinet of Boyko Borisov.
The outgoing PM stated again that GERB will not assume the responsibility for forming a government within the framework of the current Parliament. According to Borisov, at the meeting of the Council today, other political formations expressed readiness to do so.
“I will not be Prime Minister. I can be Prime Minister only when this is done via a GERB mandate and when GERB has won the elections. It is only then that I have the self-confidence, the confidence and the political responsibility to bear the entire responsibility,” added Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend