Theodore Ushev's Animation with Chance for Oscar Nominations 2017
A short animation directed by Theodore Ushev, using Georgi Gospodinov's story Blind Vaysha was included in the list of top 10 proposals, one of which will be selected for Oscar nominations 2017, according to WebCafe.
The movie is part of the book And other stories (Writings from an Unbound Europe) (2001), translated into German, English, Italian and others.
Blind Vaysha is produced by the National Film Board of Canada and the music is made by Bulgarian musician Kottarashky.
The competition in the category ''Short cartoon'' is serious- the short list includes Disney and Pixar.
The story tells us about Vaysha - a very special girl. From the moment she was born, she can only see into the past with her left eye, and with her right she can only see the future. The past is familiar and safe, the future is sinister and threatening. The present is a blind spot.
In captivating parabolic imagery, the award-winning animation artist Theodore Ushev illustrates the world through Vaysha's eyes.
- » Green Libraries in Sofia's South Park
- » The International Film Festival Burgas Starts on July 20 with over 30 Films
- » All you Need to Know About Ayliak Parade in Plovdiv
- » Peter Bence with a Concert in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian illustration for Children from the 20s and 30s
- » Festival А TO JAZZ 2018 in Sofia