Lufthansa Pilots Go On Strike Again
Lufthansa pilots are going on strike again for another 48 hours as of Tuesday.
The news was announced by their syndicate after they rejected the proposal of the management for a moderate increase of remuneration and a two-month bonus.
The Cockpit syndicate insist on a nearly 4% annual increase of wages which, however, has to be backdated 5 years.
The management of Lufthansa claims this is impossible given the fact that the salary of a senior pilot is about EUR 22,000 per month.
The last strike of Lufthansa pilots lasted 4 days and ended on Saturday. It cost the company nearly EUR 10 M per day and affected directly 350,000 passengers.
Several Lufthansa flights to and from Sofia were also cancelled.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » IEA: Gas Consumption will Shrink because of Russia
- » Bulgaria: The Profit of Turkish Stream is BGN 83.5 million (EUR 42.7)
- » In the first Six Months of 2022, St. Nikola Wind Farm Generates 22% more Wind Power y/y
- » Inflation in Turkey Rises to 23-year High of nearly 79% in June
- » Bulgaria: One of our Reactors is expected to use a different Nuclear Fuel than the Russian one
- » Bulgaria: Petrol and Diesel Prices are still Rising