Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
A Bulgarian court has decided to keep in detention the Afghan national who allegedly set fire to a national flag at a migrant reception center.
According to the Specialized Criminal Court of Bulgaria, there was evidence that Bahir Yaranual, a migrant accused of throwing the flag into a fire during riots in the Harmanli center earlier this week, was indeed responsible for the act, Focus News Agency reports.
The evidence collected is described as convincing enough despite the short time available to gather it between Friday and the court session on Sunday.
Yaranual was indicted on Friday. He denies any involvement and argues he tried to protect the flag and took it off the pole to preserve it during this week's riots, but someone else took it from his hands.
He could face imprisonment if found guilty.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany