Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
A Bulgarian court has decided to keep in detention the Afghan national who allegedly set fire to a national flag at a migrant reception center.
According to the Specialized Criminal Court of Bulgaria, there was evidence that Bahir Yaranual, a migrant accused of throwing the flag into a fire during riots in the Harmanli center earlier this week, was indeed responsible for the act, Focus News Agency reports.
The evidence collected is described as convincing enough despite the short time available to gather it between Friday and the court session on Sunday.
Yaranual was indicted on Friday. He denies any involvement and argues he tried to protect the flag and took it off the pole to preserve it during this week's riots, but someone else took it from his hands.
He could face imprisonment if found guilty.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison