Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will be the host of the European Homeless Cup's next edition in the spring to come, a year ahead of schedule, organizers say.
Initially, the year announced was 2018, but the Austrian city of Graz insisted the championship should go there to mark the fifteenth anniversary of the first Homeless World Cup, of which it was also the host.
Twelve teams are due to participate in the event, eight of them being foreign ones, three Bulgarian and one made of refugees, news website Dnevnik.bg quotes organizers from Sports Management Bulgaria as saying.
The foreign teams are of Austria, Greece, Finland, Romania, Lithuania, Italy, England and Northern Ireland.
The championship is due on May 27-28.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm