Transported Goods Up by 14% in Q3 2016
According to preliminary seasonally adjusted data, in the third quarter of 2016 compared to the previous quarter there was an increase in transported goods by 14.0% from the freight transport, while the transport performance fell by 1.9%, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) announced.
The numer of transported passengers and transport performance by passenger transport (land, water and urban electrical transport) decreased by 13.9% and 4.3%, respectively, compared to the second quarter of 2016.
According to preliminary data, during the third quarter of 2016 in comparison with the same period of 2015 the goods carried by the freight land and water transport increased by 2.2%, while the transport performance decreased by 7.3%.
In the third quarter of 2016 both transported passengers and transport performance by the passenger transport (land, water and urban electrical transport) decreased compared to the same period of the previous year, respectively - by 9.6% and 3.6%.
During the period July - September of 2016 the enterprises performing urban electrical transport (tram, trolleybus and metro) transported 49 118 million passengers or by 11% less in comparison with the third quarter of 2015. A decrease was observed in all types of urban electrical transport. The smallest decline was registered by the metro carriages - 3.4%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Bulgaria expects Annual Inflation of around 8%
- » The EC representation in Bulgaria is launching an Information Campaign for the Adoption of the Euro
- » Visiting a Bank Office in Bulgaria is getting More and More Expensive
- » Bulgaria: "Standard & Poor's" confirmed the Credit Rating of Sofia