European Commissioner Shevchovich To Lay Groundwork for Gas Talks in Moscow
It is expected that the meeting of European Commissioner Marosh Shevchovich in Moscow will open the way for tri-lateral negotiations among the EU, Ukraine and Russia on the transit of Russian gas to Europe. Shevchovich will hold talks with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak and Deputy PM Arkady Dvorkovich.
A few days ago, Novak commented to BNR in Moscow that there are risks related to the transit of gas via Ukraine.
“So far as the winter season is concerned, there are serious risks here related to transit because Ukraine has started pumping a lot less gas than it should under technological standards. We are talking about 14.7 billion cubic metres, while it should be no less than 17-18 billion, which could present a risk to the reliable transit of gas for European customers.”
According to Minister Novak, the negotiated transit of Russian gas to European customers is at record-high levels this season and is carried out reliably by Gazprom via the gas grid of Ukraine.
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%
- » The Gas Prices in Bulgaria Rise by 10.8% from July 1