Turkey's Erdogan Threatens To Open Borders To Migrants
Turkish President Recep Erdogan threatened to open the borders of the country to illegal migrants after the European Parliament decided to support the resolution freezing accession negotiations with Turkey.
“Listen to me. If you go further, the borders will be opened. Have this in mind,” said Erdogan during a speech in Istanbul addressing the EU.
On March 18, Ankara and Brussels signed an agreement within the framework of which Turkey will help curtail the influx of illegal migrants to Europe, while in exchange, it will receive visa liberalisation and an acceleration of the accession process.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis