VMRO To Commemorate 97th Anniversary of Signing of Treaty of Neuilles
On Thursday evening, members and sympathisers of VMRO will commemorate with a protest march in Veliko Tarnovo the 97th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Neuilles.
Under the treaty, Bulgaria lost 11,000 sq km of its territory and was sentenced to pay over 2 billion golden francs in reparations, or 22% of its national wealth.
At the same time Bulgaria had to admit over 120,000 refugees fleeing from the lost territories.
Torches will be lit in the centre of Veliko Tarnovo in memory of the soldiers who died in the wars for national unification.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Foreign Minister Will Not Change Stand on North Macedonia
- » Bulgaria: Boyko Borissov Passed Baton to Stefan Yanev, Journalists Not Allowed to Swearing-in Ceremony
- » LIVE: President Radev Introduces Caretaker Cabinet, Vows to Fight Vote-Buying
- » Who Is Stefan Yanev - New Bulgarian Caretaker Prime Minister?
- » World Wires on Bulgaria: Caretaker Cabinet Will Have to Tackle Pandemic, Ensure Fair Elections
- » Bulgaria: President Radev Dissolved 45th National Assembly, Snap Election Scheduled for 11 July