Turkey's Erdogan: Stopping Negotiations on Accession Is of No Significance to Turks
Turkish President Recep Erdogan has stated in a public speech in Istanbul that a possible decision of the European Parliament to terminate the negotiations for the accession of Turkey to the EU will have absolutely no significance for the Turks.
“Such a decision will merely show that Europeans are backing the terrorists,” added Erdogan.
Continuing the negotiations on Turkish accession is one of the conditions of the agreement for stopping the migrant influx which Ankara and Brussels signed in March.
The leaders of the European People’s Party and the Party of European Socialists called for their termination on Tuesday. As an argument in their favour, they pointed out the mass purge which has affected more than 120,000 people in Turkey since the coup attempt in July until now.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis