Half of Bulgarians' Income Returned to Treasury in Taxes, Contributions
Half of the annual income of every Bulgarian is returned to the treasury in the form of personal tax burden, showed estimates of the economists at the Institute for Market Economy.
The tax burden of every working Bulgarian reaches up to 45% of his/her income and when municipal taxes and fees are added, it becomes nearly 50%.
Social security contributions, VAT and excise tax make up the greatest burden.
According to economists, every single Bulgarian will pay to the treasury BGN 5,140 for expenses planned under budget 2017. The amount accrued for every Bulgarian under the state debt over the years is an additional BGN 3,340.
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018
- » The Debt of Bulgaria for 2017 Amounts to BGN 25,064 Million