Half of Bulgarians' Income Returned to Treasury in Taxes, Contributions
Half of the annual income of every Bulgarian is returned to the treasury in the form of personal tax burden, showed estimates of the economists at the Institute for Market Economy.
The tax burden of every working Bulgarian reaches up to 45% of his/her income and when municipal taxes and fees are added, it becomes nearly 50%.
Social security contributions, VAT and excise tax make up the greatest burden.
According to economists, every single Bulgarian will pay to the treasury BGN 5,140 for expenses planned under budget 2017. The amount accrued for every Bulgarian under the state debt over the years is an additional BGN 3,340.
- » NSI: Total Average Income per Household Member in Q4 2019 was BGN 1,770
- » Minister Vladislav Goranov: The Bulgarian Currency is Undervalued
- » The IMF will Present the Results of its Regular Mission to Bulgaria
- » CFD versus Stock Trading: Here are the Pros and Cons
- » NSSI: Average Insurable Earnings in Bulgaria for December 2019 was BGN 1,063.32
- » The Banking System BGN 3 Million Less Profit Compared to 2018