Turkey's Erdogan: Gulen Financed Hillary Clinton's Campaign
The organisation of the opposition Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom Ankara holds responsible for the coup attempt in July, has participated in the financing of the election campaign of Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, stated Turkish President Recep Erdogan in an interview on Israeli TV.
“Donald Trump carried out his campaign at his own expense, he has not been involved in politics before. But his opponent was an experienced politician, confident of her victory. What were the financial sources for her campaign? FETO, which we are fighting in Turkey, was one of the structures that gave her strong support,” pointed out Erdogan.
The Turkish leader reckons that Trump’s victory is the beginning of a new period in US life.
“I view the statements against Trump in European countries and certain American states as being disrespectful to democracy.”
Erdogan specified that he does not believe Trump will have an aggressive policy towards Muslims, in spite of his anti-Muslim statements during the campaign.
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis