Turkey's Erdogan: Gulen Financed Hillary Clinton's Campaign
The organisation of the opposition Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom Ankara holds responsible for the coup attempt in July, has participated in the financing of the election campaign of Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, stated Turkish President Recep Erdogan in an interview on Israeli TV.
“Donald Trump carried out his campaign at his own expense, he has not been involved in politics before. But his opponent was an experienced politician, confident of her victory. What were the financial sources for her campaign? FETO, which we are fighting in Turkey, was one of the structures that gave her strong support,” pointed out Erdogan.
The Turkish leader reckons that Trump’s victory is the beginning of a new period in US life.
“I view the statements against Trump in European countries and certain American states as being disrespectful to democracy.”
Erdogan specified that he does not believe Trump will have an aggressive policy towards Muslims, in spite of his anti-Muslim statements during the campaign.
- » Northern Macedonia Expects to Receive a Start Date For Talks with the EU
- » Over 160 Migrants Arrived in Greece From Turkey Over the Weekend
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful
- » Fitch to Lift SEE Countries Credit Ratings upon ERM II, Euro Area Entry
- » Erdogan: Turkey Will Carry Out a Military Operation in Syria
- » Higher Prices For TOL System in Serbia