Refugees in Harmanli To Be Quarantined
Тhe movement of refugees outside the placement centre in Harmanli will be temporarily stopped as of November 23, said Deputy Minister of Health Vanio Sharkov at a briefing earlier on November 22.
Тhe measure is necessary as a result of the tension created among residents of the city in the past few days, who are worried about a possible infection.
The inhabitants of the centre in Harmanli will be put under quarantine until the sampling is finished and the treatment of refugees who have skin irritations is completed.
The decision was taken after a meeting with the Chairwoman of the State Agency for Refugees, Petia Parvanova and Chief State Health Inspector Angel Kanchev, announced the Ministry of Health.
“The reason for this temporary measure is that, in this way, it will be easier to cover the entire contingent of foreigners placed in this centre and all necessary checks can be carried out,” explained Sharkov.
- » Fibank Launches its Smart Lady Program Aimed at Women in Business
- » Bulgaria Introduces Possibility for Electronic Storage of Employment Documents
- » No Hot Water until 29 August in Big Part of Sofia
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Says FSC Deputy Chair Should Resign
- » Extraordinary Session in Bulgarian Parliament Scheduled for Tomorrow
- » Gabriela Kozareva is the New Director of the Bulgarian Registry Agency