Refugees in Harmanli To Be Quarantined
Тhe movement of refugees outside the placement centre in Harmanli will be temporarily stopped as of November 23, said Deputy Minister of Health Vanio Sharkov at a briefing earlier on November 22.
Тhe measure is necessary as a result of the tension created among residents of the city in the past few days, who are worried about a possible infection.
The inhabitants of the centre in Harmanli will be put under quarantine until the sampling is finished and the treatment of refugees who have skin irritations is completed.
The decision was taken after a meeting with the Chairwoman of the State Agency for Refugees, Petia Parvanova and Chief State Health Inspector Angel Kanchev, announced the Ministry of Health.
“The reason for this temporary measure is that, in this way, it will be easier to cover the entire contingent of foreigners placed in this centre and all necessary checks can be carried out,” explained Sharkov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s President Meets with Heads of Security Services to Discuss Rights of Our Compatriots Abroad
- » Bulgaria: BSP Demands Starting Talks with Russia on Sputnik V Vaccine Delivery
- » Bulgaria’s Deputy Prime Minister to Present National Recovery and Sustainability Plan before Parliament Recess
- » Bulgaria: Sofia Budget 2021 Adopted, Will Mayor Deliver on Promises?
- » Bulgaria: Remote Measuring Devices Become Mandatory as of 2027
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Activity Report of Anti-Corruption Commission for Illegal Assets Forfeiture