All Outgoing Bulgarian Ministers To Give Statements on Vaccines Scandal
All outgoing ministers in the government will give statements on Tuesday and Wednesday at the investigation department at the Sofia City Prosecutor’s Office on the decision by default for the barter of vaccines between Bulgaria and Turkey, announced the spokesperson of the Prosecutor General Rumyana Arnaudova.
Arnaudova underlined that the decision is not related to the current political situation.
“It is not a problem that the Council of Ministers may take decisions in this way, but it is important for us to know which minister was motivated, in what way and with what documents, to agree to that decision. Actually, the problem and the crime committed by Minister Moskov is that he violated Bulgarian legislation. In our opinion, he had to have sufficient motives that this is the only way to stick to the immunisation calendar. We reckon there were other options as well.”
The ministers will explain to investigators how the decision approving the donation was taken on May 28, 2015, so that Bulgaria and Turkey could find the vaccines needed for the immunisation calendars of the two countries.
Meanwhile, the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office indicted outgoing Health Minister Moskov and Deputy Minister Persenski on charges of malfeasance.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend