State Agency for Refugees: There Is No Risk of Mass Infection in Harmanli
The information about a mass infection in the refugee center in Harmanli is not true, said the chairwoman of the State Agency for Refugees Petia Parvanova in an interview with Bulgarian National Radio on November 21.
On Sunday, hundreds of Harmanli residents gathered to protest. According to them, the institutions do not present a true picture of the infections and diseases in the refugee center in the city and there is true risk to their health.
They demanded the resignation of Ms Parvanova and treatened that, if within three days, she does not clarify the truth, the situation will escalate to civil disobedience.
Petia Parvanova said that 3,001 migrants live in the refugee center in Harmanli. All other centres have less than 1,000 people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev