Greece Hit by 5-Magniture Earthquake
A strong quake that hit northern Greece early on Saturday was also felt across Southern Bulgaria, local media outlets report.
According to the Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center, the tremor was at a depth of 4 km, located 10 km west of Kristoni in Greece, and 3 km south of Star Dojran in Macedonia.
This is roughly the same area that was hit by an earthquake measured 4.3 on the Richter scale on Wednesday.
Focus Radio network's regional correspondent in Blagoevgrad reports the Saturday quake was felt in Southwestern Bulgaria.
According to Darik Radio, locals in the upper floors of high-rise buildings also felt the tremor in the Bulgaria's second-largest city Plovdiv, in the south of the country.
Several aftershocks have followed since the quake struck at 01:30 local time (EET).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in Eastern and Southern Bulgaria
- » Cloudy Weather and Snow in Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Sofia ranks 59th in Air Pollution
- » Bulgaria: Cold and Cloudy Weather in the Weekend
- » Strong Wind in 14 Regions in Bulgaria – Cold Weather Expected
- » Weather: Rainfall in 18 Regions of Bulgaria