Artists from Finland Show Bulgarian Folk Proverbs in 'Cabinets of Wisdom' Exhibition
How one Finland artist understands Bulgarian folk wisdom like ''Drop by drop, a whole lake becomes'' or ,,The tongue has no bones but is strong enough to break bones''?
Cabinets of Wisdom is an experimental exhibition which represents some of the most famous Bulgarian wisdoms in new, unexpected forms and makes interpretation of our national values in an amazing experience.
Starting on Friday, an empty space at the corner of Shishman Str and Gurko Str, where an eatery was formerly located, will become a temporary stage for six interpretations of contemporary artists from Finland of traditional Bulgarian wisdom.
From 18 to 27 November the exhibition Cabinets of Wisdom will provoke visitors to immerse themselves in a completely unfamiliar experience of six well-known folk sayings.
The works can be seen in portable wooden cabinets specially made for the purpose and inspired by the medieval cabinets of curiosities. Five of them will also be transformed into original cocktails which everybody can try during the event.
- » Bulgarian Artist Christo's 'London Mastaba' Made from over 7,000 Stacked Barrels Floats on Serpentine Lake
- » The Bulgarian "Cultural Reforms" Movement Begins a Series of Cultural Policy Forums
- » SKILLET in Sofia with First Solo Concert in Bulgaria!
- » The 11th Bulgarian Cinema Festival in Rome is Coming soon
- » The ANASTACIA Concert in Sofia is Canceled
- » IMANY with Two Big Concerts in Sofia and Plovdiv in June