Turkish Officers Seek Asylum in Germany
Four months after the coup attempt in Turkey, several Turkish soldiers have requested political asylum in Germany.
These are Turkish officers at NATO’s military base in Ramstein.
A total of 500 soldiers, 50 of whom are Turkish, are deployed at the headquarters of NATO’s Allied Air Command. It is not clear yet how many have sought asylum. Members of their families have requested asylum as well.
The applications were filed at the beginning of November.
Two weeks ago, the German Foreign Ministry announced that it will admit all Turks who leave their country for political reasons.
After the unsuccessful coup attempt in Turkey, Ankara arrested thousands of Turkish military.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Serbia Closes Shops, Bars and Restaurants After Sharp Increase of Cases
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands