Head of Romania's Central Election Commission Arrested for Corruption
The Chairwoman of the Central Election Commission of Romania Ana Maria Petru has been arrested on the eve of parliamentary elections in the country.
Petru has been indicted on charges of corruption. In the period 2008-2009, she paid EUR 210,000 to a company headed by her husband.
The Agency for Combating Corruption accused Petru of receiving a EUR 50,000 bribe from a businessman in return for him getting a contract with the Ministry of Economy.
The Central Election Commission will be headed temporarily by one of Petru’s deputies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macron: Thank you Bulgaria, Congratulations North Macedonia
- » "This is your European Duty": Macron urges Bulgaria to Support the Veto Compromise on North Macedonia
- » Greece is Proposing 2033 as the Deadline for the Western Balkans to Join the EU
- » Borrell Disappointed with the ongoing Veto on North Macedonia
- » 49% of Bulgarians have a Positive View of the EU but with a Drop of 2 Points since the End of 2021
- » EU Commissioner: By Adopting the Euro Bulgarians will have their Voices Heard