Bulgaria Ranks 82nd in Global Entrepreneurship Index
The conditions for entrepreneurship in Bulgaria are not good, compared to the rest of the Balkan countries, according to the estimate of the Global Entrepreneurship & Development Institute (GEDI).
Bulgaria ranks 82nd out of 137 countries surveyed. Only 12 months ago, the country ranked 46th in the Global Entrepreneurship Index, but a different methodology was used then. The index provides an estimate of businesses based on 14 criteria.
The USA, Switzerland and Canada occupy the first three places in the ranking, while Sierra Leone, Burundi and Chad rank last.
Out of all Balkan economies, Bulgaria is the country with the worst conditions for entrepreneurship, while Turkey (36th) offers the best conditions.
Bulgaria’s indicators are below the average for the region in terms of all criteria used. Bulgaria approaches the indicators of other Balkan countries in terms of the introduction of innovative products, broadband connectivity and the skills of young entrepreneurs.
At the same time, the country lags seriously behind in terms of the introduction of innovative production, the perception of people that they can start a successful business, as well as their readiness to assume risk.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 1,500 Companies Are Seeking Compensation for Closing of Their Business in April
- » Economy Minister Announces New Loans to Help Small and Medium-seized Businesses in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to EU Council: National Assembly Resolution on Republic of North Macedonia Is in Effect
- » Bitcoin Nosedives as China Expands Crypto Crackdown
- » Basis Of Price Fluctuations In The World Of Cryptocurrency
- » Bulgarians Welcome in Greece with Negative Rapid Antigen Covid Test