Bulgaria Ranks 82nd in Global Entrepreneurship Index
The conditions for entrepreneurship in Bulgaria are not good, compared to the rest of the Balkan countries, according to the estimate of the Global Entrepreneurship & Development Institute (GEDI).
Bulgaria ranks 82nd out of 137 countries surveyed. Only 12 months ago, the country ranked 46th in the Global Entrepreneurship Index, but a different methodology was used then. The index provides an estimate of businesses based on 14 criteria.
The USA, Switzerland and Canada occupy the first three places in the ranking, while Sierra Leone, Burundi and Chad rank last.
Out of all Balkan economies, Bulgaria is the country with the worst conditions for entrepreneurship, while Turkey (36th) offers the best conditions.
Bulgaria’s indicators are below the average for the region in terms of all criteria used. Bulgaria approaches the indicators of other Balkan countries in terms of the introduction of innovative products, broadband connectivity and the skills of young entrepreneurs.
At the same time, the country lags seriously behind in terms of the introduction of innovative production, the perception of people that they can start a successful business, as well as their readiness to assume risk.
- » BNR: Turkish Stream has Delivered 460 Million Cubic Meters of Gas to Turkish-Bulgarian Border
- » 6.4% More Foreigners’ Visits to Bulgaria in December 2019
- » Turkey, Greece and Germany are the Most Preferred Destinations for Bulgarians in December
- » Minister Nikolina Angelkova: Bulgarian Tourism is Becoming Increasingly More Competitive
- » The ‘American’ TPPs – Important Investors or Public Enemy
- » China Second in the World in Weapons Production after the United States