No Prison Time for Speeding in Bulgaria
No prison time will be served for speeding. This was decided by Parliament in a vote at second reading of the amendments to the Penal Code proposed by GERB.
The proposal was for prison time of up to three years to be served when breaking the speed limit by over 60 km/h in populated areas.
The proposal was rejected with 15 votes “for”, 62 “against” and 54 abstentions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend