No Prison Time for Speeding in Bulgaria
No prison time will be served for speeding. This was decided by Parliament in a vote at second reading of the amendments to the Penal Code proposed by GERB.
The proposal was for prison time of up to three years to be served when breaking the speed limit by over 60 km/h in populated areas.
The proposal was rejected with 15 votes “for”, 62 “against” and 54 abstentions.
- » Sofia Will Host the European Mobility Week
- » President Radev: Freedom of Speech in Bulgaria is in Crisis
- » 31st EU Contest for Young Scientists Kicks off in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: The Economy is Moving at Such Pace that we Cannot Manage with the Infrastructure
- » 59 Political Parties And 7 Coalitions Will Participate in the October Local Elections
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria Has Not Given up on Schengen