Bulgaria Has No Deadline to Nominate New EU Commissioner, Juncker Says
There is no deadline for the nomination of the next Bulgarian commissioner, a spokesperson for EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has said.
The Commission's comment follows questions related to the resignation of Georgieva and the upcoming procedure to determine the new Bulgarian commissioner.
Juncker has voiced confidence that he will talk with somebody at an appropriate level of power in Sofia to determine who the future commissioner will be.
Georgieva stepped down as Vice President of the European Commission to take CEO job at the World Bank Group.
Some media reported he had taken the step out of frustration by the workings at the highest level of the Commission, and fresh off a failed bid to lead the United Nations.
In previous statements on the same issue, the Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, who has deposited his resignation on 14, November, had said that there is 'nothing urgent' because she will be on this position until the end of December
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia
- » New Report: EC Reports on Bulgaria's Progress, Considers Dropping Monitoring (REVIEW)
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest
- » The Latest Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Expected to be Submitted Today
- » Six Countries Sign Common Document on Mobility Package