Bulgaria Defeats Belarus 1:0 FIFA 2018 Qualifiers
Bulgaria's national football team scored a victory over Belarus with 1:0 on Sunday evening in a 2018 World Cup qualifiers game in Sofia.
Belarus was a tough opponent after a win on Greece earlier this week.
Within their group, both teams are considered outsidets.
But the Bulgarian team was seeking a way out of a new series of defeats, the only recent win in the World Cup qualifying stage having been against Luxembourg (4:3).
It is also struggling to recover from the stress of the change in coach, with Ivaylo Petev having left the national team to take over Dinamo Zagreb.
The game began at 19:00 at National Stadium Vasil Levski in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
By Sunday, only 200 tickets had been sold, amid a new wave of disillusion with the Bulgarians among local football fans, but also amid strong interest in the presidential elections' runoff where much is thought to be at stake. In the end, a meagre 3000 watch the game from the stands.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria