Bulgaria's Ruling Party Candidate Foresees Presidential Vote Victory
Main ruling GERB party's presidential candidate Tsetska Tsacheva has said she anticipates her victory in the runof taking place on Sunday.
"Today in Pleven [Tsacheva's hometown]... the wind is very strong. I was surprised myself. To me, this wind is the wind of victory," she has told reporters.
Tsacheva has warned that what Bulgaria needs the least is "international isolation, frozen EU funding and denied European solidarity," in an apparent reference to an apocalyptic scenario that would follow Radev's election.
She has called for unity of Bulgarians despite different ideological messages that voters and parties may have. "It was when Bulgaria was unified that it was respected by the European peoples and our neighbors," she has opined.
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"