Turnout in Bulgaria's Runoff at 13:00 Slightly Higher Than in 1st Round
More eligible voters have cast ballots in Bulgaria's presidential runoff vote as of 13:00 on Sunday, officials say.
Activity was 27.2%, or more than 1.847 million people, as of that hour, according to Central Election Commission (CEC) data.
The figure is higher than both the one in the first round, when 26.2% of all eligible voters had taken part, and the 26.73% that had gone to the ballot boxes in the 2011 runoff vote.
The numbers also come under new rules that made voting compulsory and entered into force earlier this year. However, the only sanction is removal from the electoral roll of those who did not take part in two elections of the same kind, be they presidential or parliamentary.
- » The Gay Parade - Main Reason For Volen Siderov to Run For Mayor of Sofia
- » The First Bulgarian Sports Electric Car Will be Unveiled in Sofia in October
- » The Construction of Turkish Stream Officially Begins
- » MEPs to Meet For Mobility Package
- » Interpol drops Red Notice for Zhelyaz Andreev
- » The Council of Ministers Signed the Contract For the Construction of the Bulgarian part of Turkish Stream