Turnout in Bulgaria's Runoff at 13:00 Slightly Higher Than in 1st Round
More eligible voters have cast ballots in Bulgaria's presidential runoff vote as of 13:00 on Sunday, officials say.
Activity was 27.2%, or more than 1.847 million people, as of that hour, according to Central Election Commission (CEC) data.
The figure is higher than both the one in the first round, when 26.2% of all eligible voters had taken part, and the 26.73% that had gone to the ballot boxes in the 2011 runoff vote.
The numbers also come under new rules that made voting compulsory and entered into force earlier this year. However, the only sanction is removal from the electoral roll of those who did not take part in two elections of the same kind, be they presidential or parliamentary.
- » With Money From Europe: Free Wi-Fi Network in 113 Municipalities in Bulgaria Will be Build
- » Ministry of Interior: Telephone Fraudsters Earn BGN 8-10 million Per Year
- » Heat Companies in Bulgaria Want an Increase in the Price of Heating by Up to 108%
- » Iliana Yotova Talks With Foreign Students of Bulgarian Origin
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Says Oman has Withdrawn Arbitration Claim over Corpbank
- » After Five Unexcused School Absences Social Benefits Suspended for a Year Decides Bulgarian Parliament