Turnout in Bulgaria's Runoff at 13:00 Slightly Higher Than in 1st Round
More eligible voters have cast ballots in Bulgaria's presidential runoff vote as of 13:00 on Sunday, officials say.
Activity was 27.2%, or more than 1.847 million people, as of that hour, according to Central Election Commission (CEC) data.
The figure is higher than both the one in the first round, when 26.2% of all eligible voters had taken part, and the 26.73% that had gone to the ballot boxes in the 2011 runoff vote.
The numbers also come under new rules that made voting compulsory and entered into force earlier this year. However, the only sanction is removal from the electoral roll of those who did not take part in two elections of the same kind, be they presidential or parliamentary.
- » Today Begins the Sale of Electronic Vignettes
- » Protest Against the Increased Water Prices is Expected Today in Sofia
- » 24 km more from the Struma Мotorway will be Open for Exploitation
- » Specially Formed Committee to Investigate Data of Corrupt Citizenship Awarding System
- » All Bulgarian Roads Passable in Winter Conditions, Over 600 Machines Worked at Night
- » Retro Tram to Start Functioning as Tourist Information Center in Sofia