Russia's Ordzhonikidze: There Must Be Re-start of Relations Between Russia, USA
Moscow sees as a positive quality the determination of the newly-elected President of the USA Donald Trump, stated former Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ordzhonikidze.
The Russian diplomat said on BNR that Russia, and the Soviet Union before that, have always worked better with US presidents from the Republican Party.
“It is a historic precedent that, during the rule of the Republican Party in the USA, certain agreements have always been reached with Moscow on the most important topics of the global agenda.”
“We have to hope for a re-start of relations. Judging by the statements of Trump on the topic, I am left with the impression that he is a pragmatic man and I think that he will look for contact with Moscow in the areas that are of interest to America. He is a businessman and this might be to his advantage in the making of foreign policy.”
In the next few weeks, Trump will leave behind the image imposed on him of being unpredictable and his actions, to a great extent, will depend on his advisors, reckoned the Russian diplomat.
- » 600 Protests Are Planned in the United States on September 20-27
- » Queen Elizabeth II Owns Four Apartments in Moscow, but She May not Know about them
- » Mark Zuckerberg Met Donald Trump at the White House
- » Christine Lagarde: Global Growth Is "Fragile" and "Threatened"
- » Several People Were Injured in a Shooting in Washington
- » The EU Council Endorsed Kövesi's Candidacy For Prosecutor General