Juncker: Trump's Election Fundamental Risk to Relations with Europe
The election of Donald Trump as President of the United States is a “fundamental” risk to the relations with the European Union, warned the President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker.
“We have to teach the new President of the United States what Europe is and how it operates. This might turn out to be a rather painful process because the trans-Atlantic alliance and NATO are being questioned. Regarding the refugees and other foreigners, the approach of Mr Trump in no way matches the convictions of Europeans. I think we will lose two years while he travels the world about which he knows nothing.”
The warning of the President of the EC came slightly after he himself and other European leaders congratulated Trump on his election victory.
During the election race, the new president questioned the American obligation regarding the security of NATO allies who do not pay enough for defence.
The other thing that disturbed Europeans is Trump’s declaration that he will cancel the Paris Environmental Agreement on limiting global warming.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Schengen Condition Fulfilled - Migrants on the Balkan Route have Halved
- » European Commission: The Imposition of Additional Conditions for Schengen on Bulgaria is Unfair
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Poland: Distrust of Germany is Growing because of its Policy towards Ukraine
- » Von der Leyen: Managing the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is the Most Urgent Task for Strengthening EU's Land Borders