Bulgaria-Romania Intersystem Gas Link Launched
Gas transmission operators Bulgartransgas EAD and Transgas C.A. – Romania have completed the construction of the intersystem gas link Bulgaria-Romania, reported BGNES.
The interconnector Bulgaria-Romania has a total length of 25 km, of which 15.4 km on Bulgarian territory, 7.5 km on Romanian territory and 2.1 underwater transit link through the Danube.
One of the requirements of the European Energy Union for the implementation of an intersystem linkage between the gas transmission systems of the countries is being fulfilled via the launch of the interconnector. The integration of the regional market for natural gas in Southeastern Europe is enhanced.
The gas link Bulgaria-Romania will contribute to the diversification of natural gas deliveries. It will guarantee constant and secure natural gas deliveries to industrial and household users in the two countries.
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%
- » The Gas Prices in Bulgaria Rise by 10.8% from July 1