Bulgarian Court Fails To Launch Trial for Sarafovo Attack
For the second time, the Specialised Criminal Court (SCC) could not launch the trial for the terrorist attack at the Sarafovo Airport in Burgas.
Five Israeli tourists and the Bulgarian bus driver died during the attack, while 38 people were injured.
The trial may not begin since most of the injured persons cannot be found. The problem was clear since the beginning as it was known that the court had no contact with most of the 38 injured people and with some of the relatives of the deceased.
At the end of September, SCC adjourned the trial after discovering that some of the victims were not summoned properly.
It became clear then that there are difficulties in summoning the injured persons and explaining their rights since they are foreign citizens.
Despite the fact that back in September an Israeli lawyer undertook the obligation to make such contact possible, it became clear on Thursday that this has not been achieved.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend