Bulgarian Maverick Socialist Endorses Opposition Presidential Candidate
Normal State's leader Georgi Kadiev has said he and his party stand behind Rumen Radev, the candidate backed by the Bulgarian Socialist party (BSP), in the presidential election on Sunday.
The runoff pits Radev against Tsetska Tsacheva, the candidate of Bulgaria's main ruling party.
Kadiev, a former self-styled "dissident" within the BSP who was expelled last autumn, has argued Tsacheva, despite being a good Parliament Speaker, is a "weak candidacy" for President.
"This corruption that has been pressuring the entire business, in the end it doesn't lead ust ot a better life," he has told the Bulgarian National Radio. "We will not live a hundred years like the eagles, will we? We want things to change now."
Kadiev set up his party in February, saying he would fight corruption, vote-buying, and poverty. While Normal State has not yet run in elections, support for Kadiev in the mayoral race in Bulgaria's capital Sofia last year was estimated at 7%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend