State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria's Bansko Municipality
A state of emergency has been declared by the mayor of Bansko Municipality.
The Glazne river has overflooded due to the heavy rainfall in the last 24 hours. Two bridges over the river have been washed away. The ski road has been flooded. Hundreds of volunteers and employees are fighting the flood.
The mayor did not exclude the option of evacuating buildings and houses near the river in the west part of the city.
Bansko’s population has been warned about the situation. Citizens may submit signals about the flooding at the emergency telephone line - 0749 88622, appealed the municipal administration.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend