Bulgaria's PM: Mistake for Presidential Elections Is Entirely Mine
“The mistake for the presidential elections is entirely mine. For the first time, I did not submit to populism and looked for the most suitable person, the most knowledgeable and not the most charismatic or the one with the highest rating,” stated on bTV Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
Borisov added that he will assume the responsibility for this decision.
According to Borisov, it was also a mistake to hold the elections and the referendum simultaneously. This led to increased voting activity. Borisov repeated that Tsacheva is better prepared for president than Radev.
According to Borisov the referendum questions are populist but GERB will work towards including them in the existing legislation.
“If we are submitting to populism – fine. Since 3.5 million people want it, am I smarter than 3.5 million? Since people want it, it will happen,” explained the PM.
Borisov explained that the reduction of the party subsidy will bring the oligarchy directly into the government of the country.
In spite of this, as of today, GERB will support the proposal for BGN 1 per vote.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Still Warm and Quiet
- » PM Borissov LIVE: Compromise Will Be Made Only to Education
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Quiet
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sun Breaks Through Clouds, Gets Warmer
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow Warning for Freezing Cold
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Responds to President’s Criticism: Let Him Tell Me What Money to Stop Spending