Merkel To Cooperate with Trump, Hollande Expresses Reservations
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is prepared to co-operate with newly-elected US President Donald Trump on the basis of common values.
“Germany and the USA are linked by values – democracy, freedom, respect for human rights. On the basis of these values, I am offering the future President of the US close co-operation,” stated Merkel to journalists.
According to Merkel, “partnership with the USA has been and remains a basis of the foreign policy of Germany.”
This allows us to overcome the serious challenges of our time, added Merkel.
The election of Donald Trump for US President means the beginning of a period of uncertainty, reckons French President Fran?ois Hollande.
The French leader made it clear that he is not particularly enthusiastic about the result of the vote for President in the USA.
- » The EU Council Endorsed Kövesi's Candidacy For Prosecutor General
- » The European Parliament Supported a New Postponement of Brexit
- » The European Parliament is Discussing Brexit
- » There Will be New Parliamentary Elections in Spain on November 10th
- » The European Parliament Backed Christine Lagarde as ECB chief
- » The Nomination of Lagarde for President of the ECB Will be Voted Today