Merkel To Cooperate with Trump, Hollande Expresses Reservations
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is prepared to co-operate with newly-elected US President Donald Trump on the basis of common values.
“Germany and the USA are linked by values – democracy, freedom, respect for human rights. On the basis of these values, I am offering the future President of the US close co-operation,” stated Merkel to journalists.
According to Merkel, “partnership with the USA has been and remains a basis of the foreign policy of Germany.”
This allows us to overcome the serious challenges of our time, added Merkel.
The election of Donald Trump for US President means the beginning of a period of uncertainty, reckons French President Fran?ois Hollande.
The French leader made it clear that he is not particularly enthusiastic about the result of the vote for President in the USA.
- » The European Commission Has Released a Monitoring Report on Bulgaria
- » Juncker and Tusk: Delaying Talks with Skopje and Tirana Was a Huge Mistake
- » For 45% of Serbs, the EU's Мost Аcceptable Foreign Policy Priority
- » Brexit Will Affect the Welfare of Countries, the ECB Director Warned
- » BNR: Bulgaria and Croatia Disappointed with Delay of Accession Talks with Skopje and Tirana
- » Three Countries Blocked Skopje and Tirana from Starting Accession Negotiations with the EU