Merkel To Cooperate with Trump, Hollande Expresses Reservations
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is prepared to co-operate with newly-elected US President Donald Trump on the basis of common values.
“Germany and the USA are linked by values – democracy, freedom, respect for human rights. On the basis of these values, I am offering the future President of the US close co-operation,” stated Merkel to journalists.
According to Merkel, “partnership with the USA has been and remains a basis of the foreign policy of Germany.”
This allows us to overcome the serious challenges of our time, added Merkel.
The election of Donald Trump for US President means the beginning of a period of uncertainty, reckons French President Fran?ois Hollande.
The French leader made it clear that he is not particularly enthusiastic about the result of the vote for President in the USA.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgaria has Officially Applied for the Eurozone
- » Eurostat: The Highest Rate of Severe Material Deprivation is in Bulgaria